What To Do If You Are In An Accident
Knowing what to do and who to call after an accident protects you and your loved ones. Become familiar with the following process so you are prepared if you or someone you know is involved in an accident.
- Call 911. Remain calm and courteous until police arrive.
- Exchange contact information, driver’s license number and insurance information with the other drivers. Also document the make, model and license plate number of the other cars involved.
- Ask witnesses for their contact information and a brief statement.
- Make notes of how the accident happened while it is fresh in your mind. Take pictures if possible.
- Cooperate with the police and express concern for injuries and damage but do not admit you were at fault.
- Contact your auto insurance company and report the accident.
- Contact Chiropractic Rehabilitation Center for an immediate consultation and examination.